Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Visit to the mother-ship

Marian and I drove to Watsonville to the Easy Racers factory.

I was bringing the frame down to be stripped and polished.

There is quite a collection of used machines on display, either consignment sales or trade-ins.

A long line of new frames hangs on the wall illustrating the new color selections.

They were able to dig up a set of SRAM Grip-Shifts for an 8-speed, to replace the old ones. (Although since they are nearly identical to the old ones, probably the numbers will still read backward.) In addition I bought the two-legged kickstand I wanted; and the small frame bag; and a chain.

That's pretty much it for parts. I found some good (and good-looking) replacement brakes at ebay. The new fairing arrived from ZZipper. The chain rings and cluster should be on the way from Peter White Cycles, altho I haven't had confirmation of that yet. I need to make a trip to Chain Reaction Cycles to get replacement cables for the brakes, and cable housing for the rear derailleur run, and a cable tool.

No comments: