Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Mainwindow test and Sikuli movie

Finally completed a Sikuli script to drive the mainwindow code through much of its function. In the course of this, found several bugs, but that's what testing is for he said through gritted teeth. Then used Screen Cast O Matic to make a 1-minute movie of the test running, because Sikuli is kind of fun to watch.

Roadmap

Where to now? Well, the next piece of code is the Notes panel. When that is in place I will have two text editors that will contend for the use of the Edit menu, and I can experiment with my tentative plan for operating multiple Edit menus.

After that, the Find panel, which if you know PPQT V.1, is a rather complex chunk of UI, and a lot of its code is dependent on [Py]Qt4 features and has to change. No more QStrings, no more QRegExps. All Python strings and the regex library. So that'll be a bit of work.

With Notes and Find, V.2 will be functional enough that a person could use it for editing a book. However, I don't expect to get to that point in this month of June. Unfortunately (for PPQT but not for me!) I'm going to be on holiday all July, so I would guesstimate completing Find around mid-August.

No comments: