Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Frittering time away

"Frittering" is a word I picked up in childhood. It must be horribly outdated now. I don't know the derivation; it just meant frivolously or thoughtlessly wasting something. Anyway I didn't really fritter my time away yesterday or today. In fact, yesterday on the plane ride from Seattle to San Jose I got some good work done cleaning up and editing my plan for the translation API. But then we were home from a ten-day trip: unpack, sort the accumulated mail, take care of neglected chores, and fall into bed. And today went just as fast and similarly: I got a 5K run in, that was a priority; and we bought our groceries for the week and got the car washed, and made a start at cleaning out the little green weeds that are trying to poke up through the mulch on our landscaped yard, and went out to have get our monthly haircuts, and I did some research on means of making our 143GB collection of photos accessible from more than just my back-room computer. And it was time to make supper.

Tomorrow is my day at the CHM cataloging (probably) more pieces of the Whirwind.

But come Thursday, by gum, it will be my priority to kill the issues that Bibimbop raised on the alpha of PPQT. You betcha.

No comments: