Friday, July 16, 2010

Welcome ERRC readers!

Wo says the midsummer edition of ERRC Magazine is going out the door tonight, including my article that points to this blog. So: Hi, readers!

For the whole story of the restoration, start with this post. Then keep clicking the "Newer Post" link at the bottom of each item. Or just poke around in the Archive section on the right.

You'll find lots more pictures here than were in the article. Most of the pictures that you see inline, link to larger versions. So click any pic for more detail.

By all means, leave comments! If there are questions, put them in comments. I'll answer any I can in further posts.

Using RSS

I don't post every day, and there will be a long hiatus through August and September. It's a pain to keep checking a blog for new posts and not finding any. If you're internet-savvy you probably know about RSS or Atom feeds, but if you don't, look up "RSS" in the help page for your browser. Basically you put this special link in a bookmark, and your browser will check for updates automatically. When I get around to posting something, you'll know right away.

1 comment:

David Cortesi said...

ERRC reader Phil wrote in an email,

Your article in ERRC is choice. I drive a FoldRush and as I approach 79, my thoughts turn to (1) an electric assist or (2) a trike. I also read your blog and find your story most interesting. I'm a displaced Palo Altan and know the terrain you write about. Your descriptions of the BionX in action are terrific. Your etiquette in choosing not to pass the lady rider is commendable. (I would have passed her.)

After owning my FoldRush for seven years, I got that "seven year itch" and hankered to get something new. I was about to buy a trike when I spotted a polished aluminum 3 year old FoldRush for sale. I bought it last February. Why did I buy another FoldRush? The polished aluminum look was a hit. Too, this one came equipped with a Rohloff hub, disc brakes and a Rotor crank--plus 3 boxes of extras which I've been selling on the 'net and so far, cleared $1000. How 'bout that?

Because of the Rohloff hub, I don't think I can use a BionX. The Rohloff hub already weighs more than I like.

Next month, I attend the Recumbent Retreat at Ft. Stevens and intend to survey and hopefully test ride specific trikes that may be there. Once convinced that a trike is in my future, I can re-think the BionX and will be keen to review your commentaries.